LAW AMENDING AND SUPPLEMENTING A NUMBER OF ARTICLES OF THE LAW ON EMULATION AND COMMENDATION
Pursuant to the 1992 Constitution of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, which was amended and supplemented under Resolution No. 51/2001/QH10 of December 25, 2001, of the Xth National Assembly, the 10th session,
This Law amends and supplements a number of articles of the Law on Emulation and Commendation, which was passed on November 26, 2003, by the National Assembly of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
To amend and supplement a number of articles of the Law on Emulation and Commendation as follows:
1. Article 58 is amended and supplemented as follows:
1. State honorable titles shall be conferred or posthumously conferred on individuals and conferred on collectives that have made exceptionally outstanding contributions to the cause of national construction and defense.
2. State honorable titles include:
a/ "Heroic Province", "Heroic City";
b/ "Vietnamese Heroic Mother";
c/ "People's Armed Forces Hero";
d/ "Labor Hero";
e/ "People's Teacher", "Teacher of Merit";
f/ "People's Doctor", "Doctor of Merit";
g/ "People's Artist", "Artist of Merit";
h/ "People's Artisan", "Artisan of Merit".
2. To add Article 58a after Article 58 as follows:
The "Heroic Province" or "Heroic City" title shall be awarded to provinces or centrally-run cities that satisfy the following criteria:
1. Having recorded exceptionally outstanding and comprehensive achievements in political, economic, cultural, social, education, scientific, technological, defense, security and foreign-relations domains; having made great contributions to the cause of the struggle for national liberation as well as national construction and defense;
2. Being dynamic and creative, and deserving to be an economic, cultural, scientific and technological center, serving as a motive to promote local and national development in the cause of renewal and accelerated national industrialization and modernization;
3. Having united, clean and strong Party organizations, administrations, Vietnam Fatherland Front committees and mass organizations;
4. Having been conferred the "People's Armed Forces Hero" and "Labor Hero" titles."
Article 2.- The Government shall detail and guide the implementation of this Law.
This Law was passed on June 14, 2005, by the XIth National Assembly of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, at its 7th session.
Chủ tịch Quốc hội
Nguyen Van An