AMENDING AND SUPPLEMENTING ARTICLE 3 OF THE GOVERNMENT'S DECREE NO. 25/2008/ND-CP OF MARCH 4, 2008, DEFINING THE FUNCTIONS, TASKS, POWERS AND ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF THE MINISTRY OF NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 178/2007/ND-CP of December 3, 2007, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structures of ministries and ministerial-level agencies;
At the proposal of the Minister of Natural Resources and Environment;
Article 1: To amend and supplement Article 3 of the Government's Decree No. 25/2008/ND-CP of March 4, 2008, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, which was amended and supplemented under Decree No 19/2010/ND-CP of March 5, 2010 as follows:
"Article 3. Organizational structure
1. The International Cooperation Department.
2. The Planning Department.
3. The Science and Technology Department.
4. The Legal Department.
5. The Finance Department.
6. The Emulation and Commendation Department.
7. The Organization and Personnel Department.
8. The Inspectorate.
9. The Office.
10. The Vietnam Sea and Island Administration.
11. The Environment Administration.
12. The Land Administration.
13. The Department of Geology and Minerals of Vietnam.
14. The Department of Survey and Mapping of Vietnam.
15. The Department of Water Resources Management.
16. The Information Technology Department.
17. The Department of Hydrometeorology and Climate Change.
18. The Ministry's representative agency in Ho Chi Minh City.
19. The National Hydrometeorology Center.
20. The Center for Water Resources Survey and Planning.
21. The National Remote Sensing Center.
22. The Institute for Natural Resources and Environment Strategies and Policies.
23. The Natural Resources and Environment newspaper.
24. The Natural Resources and Environment magazine.
The units defined in Clause 1 thru Clause 18 of this Article shall assist the Minister in performing the state management function. The units defined in Clause 19 thru Clause 24 are non-business units serving the state management function of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment.
The Department of Survey and Mapping of Vietnam has a sub-department in Ho Chi Minn. City. The Ministry's representative agency in Ho Chi Minh City may organize sections.
The Minister of Natural Resources and Environment shall submit to the Prime Minister for promulgation decisions defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structures of the Vietnam Sea and Island Administration the Environment
Administration, the Land Administration. The Department of Geology and Minerals of Vietnam and the National Hydrometeorology Center; and shall submit to the Prime Minister for decision and promulgation a list of other existing non-business units of the Ministry.
Article 2. Effect
This Decree takes effect on October 2, 2010.
Article 3. Implementation responsibility
Ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies, heads of government-attached agencies and chairpersons of People's Committees of provinces or centrally-run cities shall implement this Decree.
Nguyen Tan Dung