AMENDING ARTICLE 3 OF THE GOVERNMENT'S DECREE NO 01/2008/ND-CP OF JANUARY 3, 2008, DEFINING THE FUNCTIONS, TASKS, POWERS AND ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF THE MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 178/2007/ND-CP of December 3, 2007, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structures of ministries and ministerial-level agencies;
At the proposal of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development,
Article 1. To amend Article 3 of the Government's Decree No. 01/2008/ND-CP of January 3, 2(X)8 defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development:
"Article 3. Organizational structure
1. The Planning Department:
2. The Finance Department:
3. The .Science. Technology and Environment Department;
4. The International Cooperation Department:
5. The Organization and Personnel Department:
6. The Department for Legal Affairs;
7. The Inspectorate;
8. The Office;
9. The Forestry Directorate;
10. The Fisheries Directorate;
11. The Water Resources Directorate;
12. The Cultivation Department;
13. The Plant Protection Department:
14. The Husbandry Department;
15. The Animal Health Department:
16. The Department for Processing and Trade of Agricultural, Forest and Fisher)' Products and Salt-Making:
17. The Department for Management of Work Construction;
18. The Department for Cooperative Economy and Rural Development:
19. The National Agro-Forestry-Fisheries Quality Assurance Department:
20. The Informatics and Statistics Center;
21. The National Center for Clean Water and Rural Environmental Sanitation;
22. The National Center for Agriculture and Fisheries Extension;
23. The Vietnam Agriculture Newspaper;
24. The Agriculture and Rural Development Magazine.
Units defined in Clauses 1 thru 19 of this Article are those assisting the Minister in performing the state management function; units defined in Clauses 20 thru 24 of this Article are non-business ones attached to the Ministry.
The Organization and Personnel Department, the Science, Technology and Environment Department and the International Cooperation Department may organize sections.
The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development shall propose the Prime Minister to define the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structures of the Forestry Directorate, the Fisheries Directorate and the Water Resources Directorate and promulgate a list of other existing non-business units attached to the Ministry.
Article 2. This Decree takes effect on November 1. 2009.
Article 3. Ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies, heads of government-attached agencies and chairpersons of provincial-level People's Committees shall implement this Decree.
Nguyen Tan Dung