THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY OF THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Pursuant to Article 84 of the 1992 Constitution of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam;
At the proposal of the State President of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam;
After considering the report of the Government, the report of the External Relations Commission, and opinions of deputies of the National Assembly on the ratification of the Agreement between the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and the United States of America on trade relations,
1. To ratify the Agreement between the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and the United States of America on trade relations.
2. The Socialist Republic of Vietnam establishes and develops economic and trade relations with the United States of America on the basis of principles of mutual respect for independence, sovereignty and non-intervention in each other�s internal affairs, equality and mutual benefit, without any accompanying conditions.
The Agreement between the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and the United States of America on trade relations meets the aspirations and interests of the peoples of the two countries, ushers in a new period in the economic and trade relations between Vietnam and the United States. All acts that run counter to the aforesaid principles shall cause harms to the development of the cooperative relations between the two sides, including the implementation of the Agreement.
3. The State bodies shall help officials of all branches and at all levels and the population thoroughly grasp the significance of the Agreement, advantages and difficulties, try their utmost to promote domestic resources, patriotic tradition, national cultural identities, make full use of advantages and opportunities, overcome difficulties and challenges in the process of implementation of the Agreement with a view to achieving the objectives of socio-economic development, national industrialization and modernization, firmly maintaining independence, sovereignty and socialist orientation.
4. The Standing Committee of the National Assembly, the Government and the judicial agencies shall expeditiously formulate concrete and comprehensive action programs, amend and supplement legal documents according to the schedule of the Agreement, strengthen the system of judicial agencies, perfect mechanisms and policies, train human resources, create a favorable environment for activities of enterprises. Enterprises of all economic sectors should clearly understand the provisions of the Agreement, make every effort to expand markets, raise the quality and effectiveness of production and trade, the competitiveness of goods and services. The population of all strata across the country shall, together with enterprises, promote internal resources of the national economy.
5. The Socialist Republic of Vietnam affirms its foreign policy of independence, self-determination, openess, diversification, multilateralization, active integration into the regional and international economy, willingness to develop equitable and mutually beneficial cooperation with all nations in the world for the sake of peace and development.
6. The Government shall complete external relation formalities regarding the ratification of the Agreement; promulgate guiding documents and organize the implementation of the Agreement, report in time to the National Assembly for appropriate decisions when arise new elements in the course of implementation of the Agreement.
This Resolution was adopted on November 28, 2001 by the X